Contractions...?

So, I've read What To Expect When Expecting (great book!), and I've checked out lots of pregnancy websites. I was even the birthing coach for my sister. But now its my turn...
At the risk of sounding like an idiot- What exactly do contractions feel like?

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 8:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well not to scare you but it feels like being punched in the stomach every three minutes
    morganmommie

Answer by morganmommie at 8:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• lol. im not scared, just wondering if this could be the start of them, or if she's just being really active in there.
    thank god, i have a super high pain tolerance!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Mine felt like really really bad cramps with my first child. My second baby up until it was time to push they felt like I had rally bad gas and did not hurt as bad as when I was in labor with my first child. When it was time to push then it felt like really bad cramps just like with my first child...if that makes sense LOL good luck Everyone feels it differently, so you may get different responses :)

MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 8:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• im having the bad cramp thing, big time! and lower back pain. also, lots of pressure, both on my cervix and ...well.... my butt. (probably could have worded that better... lol) i get about a 7 - 10 min break between each of these spells. but, theyre only about 20 seconds each. i was just under the impression that contractions last a lot longer, even at first.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• EXTREMLY Bad period cramps!!!!
    Anonymous

• maybe this is it then!!!!! god, i was expecting it to be so much worse. ive had endometriosis for years, so im immune to period pain, i think.
    sorry if im being needy here! im just anxious and excited and ready! and uncomfortable. lol
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2009