A pain in my back..

So since my son was born, Whenever I lift something a little too heavy (including him) my side and back hurt. He's 19 mos now, and usually I'm ok lifting him, though it's taken time to build up to it. If I lie down on the floor, and sometimes even in bed, it hurts so much when I try to get up that I can't. Any ideas on what this might be?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 8:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Health

• Are you tender on the right side up under your ribs? If so it could be gall bladder. I would talk to your doctor about it.
    Anonymous

• No, it's not tender, it's just a sharp pain, like someone's got a knife in me when I lift something, or when I lie down and try to get up again. (only from my back, I can get up from my side or stomach fine.) It always goes away again after I stop doing whatever I'm doing.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 9:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You could have pulled a muscle in your back. It could be your appendix or gallbladder. I would go to the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Did you have an epadural? I have pain from having 2. If not I would deffinetly check it out with a doctor. Better to catch a problem early than to wait.
    April0040

Answer by April0040 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2009