moving with an 19 month old

Any suggestions, ideas, opinions, or experiences? What can i do to help her get use to the new house?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I let mine (at the time of the move 3 and 1) sleep in my rooms for a little while until they got used to the house and surroundings. Then they were fine. As long as they new where my room was at night they are fine.
    southernstyle88

Answer by southernstyle88 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• DD was 14 months and we moved to a new state 6 weeks before second baby came. It was stressful on all of us except for our daughter... she did great. (the first night she woke up really early in the morning, but after that was normal) The familiar objects will help Just don't use this as an opportunity to make any other drastic transitions... like if she's still in a crib, don't put her in a toddler bed in the new house, etc. If you have a really solid routine for bedtime, etc, you may have 1-2 off nights, but your child should do fine.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009