• In the Spotlight:

why would anyone lie about breastfeeding?

I really don't get it, if you need help you need to be honest and tell us your exact situation!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think a better question is: why would anyone feel like they'd HAVE TO LIE about breastfeeding? Maybe it's because the woman doesn't want to be judged for using formula.

Then again, it's not a crime to NOT breast feed, so why lie about it? You know what I mean?
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• the bashing. for a few months my friends didn't know because I was a closet breast feeder.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Well, I could see why a woman would be ashamed to say that she was formula feeding. People make you feel so damn bad that you aren't able to breastfeed. I got so much of that from my family. And I tried really really hard for 6 weeks to BF my son and it just wasn't happening. And then when doctors told me I HAD to formula feed, I got a lot of crap from EVERY ONE.
    I could totally see someone being ashamed of saying they formula feed...but I wouldn't lie and say I BF??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 8:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• oh I guess I misundersood the question?? or was she lying about BF or NOT BF??
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 8:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• SOME "People make you feel so damn bad that you aren't able to breastfeed" and yet others make you feel bad about breastfeeding!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yes, please clarify the question...I'm confused now...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I know someone who said they breast fed there kid but then a few months later you see them formula feeding. I know how she is, she just lied because she couldnt take feeding her kid on demand. Shes a idiot personally, she has a ticker that says booby fed when she doesnt even breast feed. she even talked about cloth diapering her oldest but hes always in huggies. She is not on cafemom.
    Anonymous

• Well, I breastfed my baby but dried up after 2 months and had to formula feed. So, when I say that I breastfed does that make me a liar?
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Why does it bother you so much? So she's a poser...
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• So she didn't breastfeed as long as you would have liked to have seen. Are you sure there was formula in a bottle and not breastmilk?

Talking about cloth diapering is not saying you're doing it. Two different things. I talk about what I'd like to do a lot. Doesn't mean I'll ever get to do it!
    Anonymous