Are low carb/high protein diets bad?

I just started and lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks...I love the rapid weight loss, but I keep hearing that as soon as you start eating carbs you will gain the weight back because your body is not used to it. Is this true? I can't eat like this forever!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Diets are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintian a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat seven servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in a rainbow of colors. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• For me it hasn't been true, but when I am on the low carb diets I get sooooooo grumpy!
    CLRief

Answer by CLRief at 9:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You actually need carbs to function.. eat them in moderation and ALWAYS with a fat or protein (bread and butter or a turkey sandwich with lite mayo) My sister is a biochemist and could explain it way better than I could.. You can do pretty much everything in moderation. Eggs are the perfect food. High in protein and also in the good cholesterol (which fight the bad)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:47 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Low Carb / High Protein diets are not healthy. You need carbs but in moderation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• the eggs, I've been told to cut the yolks! Ive tried and can not stand yolkless eggs :-(
    and yes, I'm very grumpy.
    Anonymous

• It needs to be a lifestyle change. Just don't go back to carbs. If you have carbs, stick to whole grains.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 2:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2009