How Far along will I have to be to find out what gender I am carrying?

Ashlee3486

Asked by Ashlee3486 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Usually they do an ultrasound at 20 weeks unless there's a problem. I was 19 weeks.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 8:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• 20 weeks, but everyonce in a while if they f=do a sono earlyer they can tell
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• 18 weeks and up.
    Anything before that could result in a mistaken gender (trust me, we know, lol.)
    The fetus usually becomes one sex or the other at 13 weeks and the indifferent penis (penis with a vaginal opening) will either shrink down into a clitoris and vagina or the vaginal opening will close and the penis will grow. It is generally not visible until 16 weeks or more, but doctors generally will not do the ultrasound to determine gender until 18 weeks or more. Usually at 20 weeks.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 8:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2009