What would you do if you saw baby being held by a passanger in the front seat of a car driving down the raod?

Today I was at Lowes and I saw a couple get into their car, the lady was driving and the man was sitting in the front seat holding a baby who was probably two months old. At first I thought they were just moving spaces, so I watched and realized that they were pulling out into traffic. I couldn't follow because I was waiting for my dh. What would you have done?

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 9:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Anon is being a idiot. It is HER business, The poor baby could've ended up being killed. I would've wrote down the plate number and called 911.
    it was probably anon.
    Anonymous

• Seeing how I don't have a cell phone, probably nothing unless there was a phone nearby. I'd write down the license plate, type of car, and color of car then call from a stores phone, or call when I got home.

Anonymous

• I would call for sure.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Call the police on my cell phone and report it. I would follow the car until the police came.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• nothing...it's none of my business...
    Anonymous

• wrote down the license # n called 911
    Anonymous

• I would definitely call the police. Anon 8:15, how would you feel if you read in the paper the next day about that infant being killed because it was not in a car seat? I think people should get involved if they see something happening that shouldn't be happening. Thank goodness everyone doesn't feel the way you do.
    Anonymous

• It's none of your business.
    Anonymous

• I have to tell myself that I can't save the world and let it go...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• In certain circumstances i understand a child being in a car seat... i will explain what i mean by that in a minute, but in this situation i would have gotten the lisence plate and called the police if it was obvious when nothing is wrong with the child. When I do agree with it is when my great aunt and my uncle were on the interstate and they could not pull over bc there was no where to do so. Her son vomitted in his car seat and started choking. She dove in the back seat, ripped him out of his carseat and started patting his back and doing w\e she could think of to get him to stop choking. They went by a police officer and he saw this. He pulled them over and fined them, they also had to appear in court. The judge found the guilty and they had o pay the fine... I will never forget what my aunt said after that.. she told the judge that he could do w\e he wanted to her, but .........................
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 10:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009