Oh Dear....Fever..Need Some Tips.

I know what to do..common sense..put them in the tub give them some motrin...but this fever will not budge from my little one...
she is almost 3 in oct....
she has a 101.8....and it went up too 102.6

I have did everything...down to the washclothes in her armpit...
the clinic is closed...and there is a 3 hour wait at the hospital she has an apt for her doc in the morn..she is acting normal...eating..drinking...just a runny nose and fever!
any of you mommys have tips??

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 9:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Lots of popscicles, lots of drinks, warm/tepid bath. If she is acting fairly normal I would not worry too much. You sound like you have it under control. Call the pharmacy and ask what the dosage would be for her weight. Just to confirm the amount she needs. Lots of flu going around.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Sounds like you're doing everything right. I would take her to the hospital if it goes any higher or if she gets lethargic though.
    Anonymous

• motrin, and bed
    if she doesnt get worse through the night, go to doc tomorrow
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• lots of liquids! This is the time to bust out her fav juice or gatorade or something. Keep her really well hydrated and dont worry. Keep her on the motrin and she'll be fine till her doctors appt.
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 9:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• thanks ladies...

oh man the flu!!!
    ....we have a 3 month old as well..we are keeping them apart...i dont want the little one sick at all...so im trying....to just keep her down on the couch..but she wants to run and play...i feel bad...but everytime she ....gets up........the fever comes back...like normally...
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• 98.3 ;o) right now..
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2009