IM 34 WEEKS PREG AND WAS HVIN CONT LST NITE I WNT TO JOSP THEY GAVE ME A SHOT AND PILLS TO STOP CONT I THINK IT WRKD THEIR NOT AS FREQUENT AS THEY WERE BUT NOW I THINK I LOST MY MUCAS PLUG DOES THIS MEAN IM GONNA GO INTO LABOR OR COULD IT STILL BE A FEW WEEKS

kimmie123

Asked by kimmie123 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow use spell check I have no idea what you just said.
    Anonymous

• Wow! Use spell check.. I have no idea what you just said...
    Anonymous

• Well...MOST women deliver within 24 hours of losing the plug. BUT you can go a while longer yet. But you're getting close either way! My daughter delivered the night she lost hers.
    Anonymous

• U DONT HVE TO BE RUDE!!!
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Oh...and 34 weeks is early, but not dangerously early, so don't be too scared about this. They want you to make it as long as you can....but if you deliver early it doesn't mean your baby won't be healthy.

And she said, she's having contractions and the hospital gave her medication but now she's lost her mucus plug. She's worried because she is only 34 weeks. Am I the only one that can read short hand, lol?
    Anonymous

• i am not sure of the time frame for losing the mucus plug, but i was 34 weeks when i lost mine and the next day or the day after my water broke... i went into labor like 3 days later. for me that was ok bc they were going to induce labor to get the baby out that monday ne ways. but if they were not planning on inducing labor I would call your doctor and let him know that you lost your plug. Every doctor is different, so he might give you special instructions.... but this way he is at least aware of what is going on so that if you do go into labor early he can help you knowing what is going on ahead of time.
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 9:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• YES MY DOCTOR DOES KNOW WHO DO U THINK PUT ME ON THE MEDICATION TO STOP THE CONTRACTIONS!!! WHY R U PEOPLE SO RUDE JST DONT ASN THE QUES IF UR GOIN TO BE RUDE!!!
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 9:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• THANK U TO THE PERSON WHO UNDERSTANDS WHAT ABBREVIATING IS!!!
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• O and just so you know... she was born at 34 weeks making her a preemie of course... she was four pounds (soooo teeny). But she was only in the NICU for 2 weeks and she passed her stay time there with flying colors... she must have known it was her time.

Today she is two almost 3, and you would never know she was a preemie. She is above average in the learning area, and the doctor says she is taller than most of the kids her age... she must have got that one from her dad bc i am soooo short *L*
    hostlerak

Answer by hostlerak at 9:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Okay...I'm the one that "translated" for you. Ignore the rude comments. Call your MD like Hostelrak suggested. And don't let the rude comments upset you. I'm sure you're stressed enough without worrying about people here who can't play nice.
    Anonymous