mucus plug question...maybe TMI

i don't recall losing my mucus plug w/my daughter i was induced with her at 38 weeks. so here are a few questions, i'm 36 weeks today, and have noticed that i have been having more discharge lately, and when i wipe, its thicker and almost has a slight dark red tinge to it. is this my mucus plug? i have my regular scheduled check up next week, so i will be able to find out more then, but right now i'm just curious. or i'm wondering if maybe i'm just not drinking enough water and i'm just peeing darker than normal (who knows i have pregnancy brain lately and everything seems to be a sign of labor...)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it is your mucus plug =)
    feelgoodinc

Answer by feelgoodinc at 9:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It sounds like it might be the plug. sometimes it's only pink tinged. And darker urine might mean dehydration. Are you drinking enough water?
    Anonymous

• Sounds like it to me too, but remember that it's not always a sign as the plug can grow back.
    Anonymous

• It can also take several days to lose one and this may be what is going on in you case. I went into labor and had a very hard contraction and out it came. My SIL lost hers a little over time. Every woman is different. Your doc will be able to tell you if it is or not.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i know what you mean about pregnancy brain! im like oh my god im peeing every twenty min. it must mean labor! lol
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2009