What are summer temperatures like in Michigan?

We may go to the Lake Michigan beaches during the last week of July. What are the normal temperatures for that time of year?

soccermom0002

Asked by soccermom0002 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Travel

• The air will be hot...80s up to in the 100s. But lake Michigan is the coldest lake, so you couldn't pick a better spot.
    profmom922

Answer by profmom922 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It will probably be anywhere from 80 to 100, with humidity higher than that. But like the pp said, with the lake breeze it should be a nice combo. Have fun!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I live near Grand Rapids,MI and like most climates that time of the year it is HOT, if you can stand the heat then have fun but if it gets to you then make the trip in Sept when the weather is more tolerable, we have wonderful beaches here and oh yes--- bring a lot of sun blocker, when I was a teen,many,many years ago we went to the beach and I fell asleep and got 3rd degree burns.
    Have fun and enjoy.
    Anonymous

• Which part of the Lake are you going to? We're in the southwest lower part, temps are good but the lake doesn't warm up that much. Once you're in, it doesn't feel that bad but it's cool at first. Will you be staying on the beach in a rental? Some rentals/2nd home owners have gotten very picky about who's on their beach. If you're going to a public beach-just watch for the signs you don't get in trouble for trespassing. It's crazy.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• hot and breezy! Lake Superior is the COLDEST lake!!! I swim in Lake Michigan (in collage in april even, although I did freeze!!!) I sent you a PM for more info, Sorry again that I did not return your message sooner!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009