can i lose weight this way?

can i lose weight by only eating 3 meals a day? like fore example today i had shredded wheat for breakfast, oatmeal for lunch, and a grilled chicked salad with some fruit on the side for dinner.

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 9:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You probably won't gain any weight, and you may lose a few pounds if you continue to eat healthy but I doubt more than that.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• you'll have a higher metabolism if you snack. "grazing". and you'll need more fruits and veggies than that- and more protein, too maybe.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 10:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• The best way to lose weight is to incorporate cardio excersise, like walking, running, swimming - anything that will get your heartrate up. I think your diet is on the right track, but be careful to not go too far under your daily calorie intake. You may end up getting headaches and doing more damage than good. Three balanced meals and two snacks throughout the day would be ideal. The snacks would be eaten to keep your sugar levels from plummeting. Consider using free weights. Choose the weight that you are most comfortable with and do a couple of sets using lots of reps. For example, I use ten pound hand barbells and do three sets of 12 reps every other day. It builds lean muscle, which burns fat more efficiently on your off days.  Good luck!

happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 10:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Eating whole foods, steamed veggies, fruits instead of cookies, cakes, ice cream and candies...salads, etc. and exercise....walking thirty minutes a day, increasing daily, running, weight lifting for toning....dancing, kick boxing is fun! Don't diet just eat small healthy meals, don't eat 3 hours before bed time or after 7 pm, your body won't digest the foods and they will be stored as fat. Concentrate on a healthy lifestyle and you will be fine. Also....start a garden and grow some food...if it is possible for you to.
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 10:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Cinnamon is excellent for stabilizing blood sugar. You can buy cinnamon capsules at a pharmacy...over the counter.

naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 10:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Actually, the lap band diet tells you to eat 3 meals a day and no snacking. However, there are times you will be hungry enough to need a snack. Have one, but not things like chips or ice cream...it's all in what you eat.

Eat small portions (use a small plate and small fork) and cut out all sodas and juice, eat your proteins, and take your vitamins. Drink lots of water (crystal light is good too) and remember to exercise every day, too.

You'll lose the weight! Best wishes!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• By the way, I do the lap-band diet and am diabetic. I have lost 39 lbs. since Feb. 28 and my sugars are better.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• 5 smaller meals are better for me. that way i dont gett too hungry and overeat. I also dont avoid foods as much as i avoid huge portions of food. I still eat what I like, just not everday or the whole container.
    GageWsMom

Answer by GageWsMom at 10:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. Eat 7 servings of whole grains a day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in a rainbow of colors. You will lose weight and be healthy. This is not a diet, this is a lifestyle change.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009