Does any one get pregnant at 46?

I am 47 yrs old and I have a body of a 24 yrs old. I am trying to concieve and so far I am on my second FSH. Does any one get pregnant at > 40? What method(s) did you use? Any information would be great. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes you can, but it will be harder. As you age your eggs don't get fertile as easy. If you're taking hormones and it isn't helping, you may want to try embryo implantation. You're a brave woman! I'm your age and don't think I'd have the stamina for an infant! Good luck.
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter what your body looks like on the outside. Regardless of what you think, you age internally....along with your eggs. Your chance of your baby having downs increases big time. You don't have "youthful" eggs left so it's harder to get pregnant. Isn't 46 a little old to start trying for kids?
    Anonymous

• Oh gosh - thats getting a little older in age for child rearing................. Your body may be able to handle it but the down syn. risk and other birth def. is so high at your age. Also how are you going to feel at school plays and what not, You may look like the childs Granmother. I also feel for the child -= having a mom so old may be hard and you might not make it to her Colledge grad. I know this may seem harsh, I just really feel for children.Please dont take as bash - I am just telling you how I felt when I read your post. GOOD LUCK.
    Anonymous

• You might go through ups and downs and God Bless you with your pregnancy.
    I was 37 and 39 when I had my babies so it is never too late.
    Either you are too young or too old it depends on the woman, not to mention you have a very young looking body so that helps big time. Good Luck and take care.

By the way can you shed some light on looking the way you do, give us a hint I would love to look like a young girl I am 30lbs over. Help.
    Anonymous

• I just turned 43 the 17th and my husband and I are trying,its great you want a baby at that age,as long as we can conceive why not, its up to God.Good luck!
    momindistress08

Answer by momindistress08 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Wow, thats going to be a challenge! Why dont you just take care of your grandchildren and that might help you with this baby thing that you have cause you really need to enjoy the rest of your life with your husband. Do you even have any children? If so then why on earth do you want more at this age? If not then go for it but there are many risk and I agree with others, it means nothing what you look like on the outside, your body will age regardless of how much plastic sergery you have done or no matter how much a person works out. Its just a part of life. GL
    Anonymous

• There's a kid in our preschool who's mom had her at 50. The Dad is 65, so sure, you can totally get pregnant.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My coworker has an 8 yr old sister, her mom conceived when she was 52, dad was 54. As far as I know it was accidental. She thought she was going through the change and couldn't get pregnant.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Thanks for all of your response. This is my thought on the first question about how to keep my youthful looking/body:

1./ I don't have plastic surgery. I guess I inherit good gene from my parent. I look like 32 and my body is of the 20s something. I started working (hard labor) when I was 13 up until I was 20. I jog around 5 miles a week (used to be 20 miles a week for the last 4 years). My food intake is kinda unusual because sometimes I work through lunch or dinner, but I do eat twice a day, and I do eat a big portion each meal, each meal must have a little of vegetables even if it contains only two piece of green beans. One of my co-worker lost 120 bls by eating 6 small meals a day, each meal contains of meat and fish (can fish) and she snacks on nuts such as peanuts or pitachio. She has been remain the same weight since she lost 120 bls three years ago.
    goodSM

Answer by goodSM at 1:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My second thought about those who ask why I want to have baby at 46:

I simply don't know. My bio lock had never ticked when I was in my 20s and 30s. I guess I was afraid that I wasn't up to fulfil the responsibility of being a mom, and what happened in my family/relatives/environments prevented me from thinking about having a family. Up until now, I think I am financial secured enough and I found a good partner who I believe will be with me taking care of our kids. So, the desire of having children are getting higher and higher. My family has a record of longevity, my grandma passed away when she was 92, my grandpa 87, one of my great aunt lives until she was 102. So, my guess is I am hopeful that I will be healthy enough to care for the baby (or babies) until they are 18 or old enough to care for themselve.

Finally, thank you for all your response. My best wishes and prayer to you all...
    goodSM

Answer by goodSM at 1:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2009