Pain in BUMP and lower left and right sides of my back....TMI

Since 8 pm this even i have been in agony. My bump is killing me, its tight and cramped and making me walk like an old lady. My lower sides are aching like crazy and i CANNOT stop peeing. Even now, right after i have gone, my p-hole is stinging and is making me feel like i still need to pee even though i have tried to hard.

Is this normal? I'm 26 weeks preggo Its 3AM here so i will only call my doc if it gets worse.
Did anyone else go through this?

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it really sounds like a UTI. I had them throughout my WHOLE pregnancy with my first. it was horrible i was even throwing up from the pain. if you cant get in to see your doctor tomorrow, or think that you might not be able to, i would go to the ER. they will give you anitbiotics and stuff to help with it. within the first couple hours the pain will subside. you will be feeling fine tomorrow BUT make SURE you take all your meds!!! =] good luck and i hope you feel better!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Sounds like a UTI, I had one around that time in my pregnancy. If that's the case, you can either go to the hospital, or take some Tylenol (acetominophen) and try to get some rest till you can get to the doctor tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• What woud the british equivalent of tylenol be. We don't have it here. All i have is (and can take) is paracetamol or over-the-counter Codine.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• are you sure you havie a UTI urinary track infection it can be cause by not drinking enough water!! also with your belly hurting i would call the hospital to ask what you should do because it can cause you to have contrations!! good luck and you really need to get checked!!
    Anonymous

• Call your pharmacist to find out what tylenol is called in England. And it does sound like a bladder infection. Hope you can get some rest and call your doc tomorrow!
    Anonymous

• The drug name is acetaminophen, it's otc and the only pain killer we're allowed to take in the US. It's to relieve the pain.
    Anonymous

• The peeing, burning, and the feeling like you need to pee definintely sounds like a UTI.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Damnit, i really don;t want a UTI. I'm seeing my midwife tuesday coming. I'm one of those "If it gets worse" people. I know not the best idea. But, if it is still here tomorrow i shall call the NHS hotline or my midwife. I really don't want a UTI. I have already had to go through having a kidney stone during pregnancy. And if any other women know what stones are like they can vouge for me on this. They are one of the most painful things a human being can go through. Soem women say its worse then labour.

I think tylenol is the equivalent to paracetamol. The basic pain killer anyone can take for anything.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• it could also be braxton hicks since your belly is tightening and stuff.. i started getting them around that time.. but it also sounds like a uti
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• definitely sounds like a UTI. i'd call the doc and see about getting on antibiotics for it. (yes, there are safe antibiotics to take while pregnant)
    amberwriteslove

Answer by amberwriteslove at 10:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2009