• In the Spotlight:

Ive heard oatmeal makes you have more milk. how do I make it where I like it? I have the whole grain oatmeal and have added brown sugar in it and it tastes yuk. I love the other oatmeals.

nessy1980

Asked by nessy1980 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I add butter, milk and equal
    Anonymous

• it does add to your milk supply I did that often when I was breastfeeding. Did you add some cinnamon as well as the sugar? And did you cook the oatmeal with some salt? I know there are times I forget to put salt or too much and it tastes horrible!
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 10:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Thats funny you asked that cause Im about to eat oat meal lol. I get the off brand brown sugar oat meal in the little packets and I just add milk instead of water, butter and a little bit of syrup. Its so good! With out all of that it just taste bland to me. Oh and it does help with milk supply and so does finugreek, I used to use both and I went from one oz in each breast to almost 3 oz less then two weeks. I used to produce 6 oz in each but this stupid doctor put me on a medicine for a cold knowing that I nursed and it completly dried me up, I was devastated to say the least. Its very hard to get your milk supply back up so I wanted to slap that doctor.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 10:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Just eat the oatmeal you like. If you try to force yourself to eat something you don't like, you won't end up eating it at all.
    sanskrit

Answer by sanskrit at 10:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We eat steel cut oats but this recipes works with other kinds too. My oldest doesn't like oatmeal but loves this recipe! It doesn't have to cooked in the slow cooker.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Oatmeal/Detail.aspx

I also make it and add yogurt, honey and fresh fruit slices. As a treat I add chocolate chips and marshmellows occasionally. Crushed oreos and non dairy creamer works too. We rarely have the last two but in the past even my oatmeal hating kid liked them!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Add butter, sugar and milk to tatse and you can make it from quick oats or old fashioned oats...it all works! Also a herb called fenugreek works as well-NEVER EAT GARLIC, ESPECIALLY FRESH- IT WILL DRY YOUR MILK UP! AND NEVER FEED YOUR INFANT HONEY BEFORE THE AGE OF 2- IT CAN CAUSE BOTULISM, WHICH CAN CAUSE DEATH. Thought I'd just throw that bit of info in there for you.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 11:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• try throwing in some sliced bananas too. yummy!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2009