Soda?

So I am extremely addicted to soda, if i dont have one every day I get such a bad headache and and I get really moody. Does anyone know how I can slowly cut down and eventually kick the soda habit?

proud_mommy1322

Asked by proud_mommy1322 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Diet soda, it taste the same. Like diet pepsi and diet coke, my husband even said diet coke gives him an energy boost. I drink diet rite, it has nothing in it, not even sodium.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 10:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i have the same thing i drink diet coke but im cuting down drink water but cut your drinks down to half like i did and yes it does help
    Anonymous

• If you're dieting, you should not drink soda at all...not even diet. If you need caffeine (that's why you get the headaches) have some coffee, tea or iced versions instead!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You are addicted to the caffeine and the sugar makes a person addicted as well....sugar turns to fat in the body...people who are over weight and drink soda and are struggling with weight loss need to loose the soda.

Ween yourself off the soda with tea...green, white, oloong, or black teas. combine them with an herbal for flavor and use honey instead of sugar. Honey is a sugar but it has health benefits as well as these teas I mentioned. I drink tea all day, hot and cold with honey, sometimes with out.

my website: http://naturescape.biz/antioxidant.htm has a list of health related benefits your body will appreciate. Tea has less caffeine than soda and coffee plus tea has a natural substance which helps to counter act the affects of caffeine. I quite coffee last September and I'm feeling great drinking tea instead. ENJOY!!!
    naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 10:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Switch to clear soda...that alone helps with weight loss :)
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Soda is extremely bad for you. Suffer through the headaches for a few days, you will be glad you did. The headaches are a sign that you are going through withdrawl just like a drug addict.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I switched to diet caffeine free at first... that way I was kind of fooling part of my head that I was still getting my soda. Take some Excedrin for the headache for a few days and it will go away. Then when I stopped soda all together, it was not a big deal.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Your body is addicted to the caffiene, or other chemicals. Start slowly diluting your soda with plain selzer; starting with 10%. Add a little more selzer every day, until the soda is gone.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• diet sodas DO NOT taste the same. they are gross with an aftertaste!
    I have a problem with pepsi so I can relate to your problem. I have like one a day but I need to stop all together but there's no way I would go to diet!
    lich663

Answer by lich663 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 25, 2009