Stay at home mom, with a 15 month toddler, need idea on to keep from going insane??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Entertainment

• Get out of the house as much as you can. Even if it is just to take a walk around a store.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Always have alil time for yourself and teach ur lil one to play alone a lil. If it's nice out..get outside..the day flies by!
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 10:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Find a nearby park (within walking distance...even if it's a long walk). You'll meet other moms, dads, etc, and your lil one will have new friends to play with. Bring along some toys, and a magazine or something. Also plan on a meal, to stretch out the outing.

Or start up a playgroup, advertise in your local paper that you want to start one up, and see if there are any moms interested. (Be careful, you could wind up with creeps calling you...so maybe try setting up a meeting elsewhere first.)

Look into story time at your local library. It's a good educational experience for your toddler, and potentially a social one for you.

BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Do you drive? If so, try doing outings to museums, or other educational things. They can be fun for you and toddler. Zoos are great too.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• if you have transportation, see if your library has any programs for those under 2. and if nothing else they should have some neat books y'all can look at. plus its free!

we recently bought a long gate so that we could block off a part of the living room (ok most of the LR) so that my DD can play w/o us having to be there to make sure she doesnt get into anything she shouldnt. it makes life a lot easier knowing i can leave for a few mins w/o worrying about her safety.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Find some friends on here or the ones you already have and have a girl's night out. I was feeling the same way and then I reconnected with adults and it was so much better. Go out, have fun w/o the baby or your man and don't think about anything for an hr other than having a good time.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I have TWO 15 month olds, b/g twins that drive me absolutely insane!! I found that the main thing is to get them out of the house as much as possible, remember they get stir crazy too. Take them for walks, go grocery shopping, take them to parks. If it's a rainy day, go for a long drive and bring your favorite CD to play. And if you can't get out of the house, here's what I do with mine- they are not allowed in every part of the house unless I am in the room with them, so on stay home days, I let them play in my room, the older kids rooms, wherever there is a part of the house that is pretty unfamiliar to them, and it seems to keep them happy for a good long while. I put movies in for them or get out toys. That's another thing, make sure you rotate their toys. Keep some out of sight for awhile, then when you rotate again, they'll have a bunch of "new" stuff to play with. Good luck Mama!!
    7mom1977

Answer by 7mom1977 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2009