Gaining weight

So i am 17 weeks now...at 6 weeks i weighed 121, then at 10 weeks i wighed 119 and lost some more weight for the next few weeks...then when I was 14 weeks i weighed back at 121 and now at 17 weeks i weigh 123...so a total of two pounds this entire pregnancy...you can def tell im pregnant, so where is the weight going? She said i needed to gain some more weight, so i need tips and tricks!!! I eat ALL THE TIME!

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 10:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• weight loss in the begining is normal. as for gaining weight, just eat healthy foods often. (i hate when docs say gain weight, what do they want us to do eat chocolate all day?). make sure you are eating healthy and taking care of yourself, as long as your baby is growing correctly you should be ok
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It's water, blood, and some fat. Losing and gaining is normal when you're in your early stages. Don't worry, by time you get to your 3rd you'll have gained steadily.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 10:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• well honey, you are lucky. i've lost 19 pounds all together and i'm 17 weeks tomorrow. i have to be monitored everyone 3 weeks, instead of waiting the normal 4 weeks in between OB visits. but if you eat how you are supposed to, you shouldn't worry about anything. i'm pretty active so i assume that is why i haven't technically gained any weight. but the best person to ask would be your doctor, that way you can get safer and healthier ways to gain weight
    amberwriteslove

Answer by amberwriteslove at 10:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• yea, i lost 13 all together at first...and im still sick everyday, so ifigure thats why im still not gaining as much! She said she wants me to gain at least 4-6 more pounds before i see her again (in four weeks) i think im jsut going to keep up my normal routine! its not like im trying to lose weight or watch my figure! lol...i was actually surprised i only gained that much, i was expecting for her to say slow down on teh weight gain considering that i cannot fit into ANY of my clothes anymore =/
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 10:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I had the same thing with my first two kids. I actually lost 10 lbs with both of them in the first 3 months. I only gained a total of 4 lbs with my first. I am 20 weeks and i am only 110lbs. I was 120 when i started... you can tell i am pregnant, but i think its my body's way of telling me I can't handle carrying ne more weight bc my doc says im healthy and that everything is ok.
    Anonymous