what kinda med. to give him?

my ds is 7 months old and has a runny nose and slight cough, what should i give him?

nikalotta20

Asked by nikalotta20 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there is nothing you can give him really. use a humidifer at night, vicks baby rub, use an aspirator to clear his nose out and just make him comfy
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 10:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Try using a humidifier in his room. That's about all I can think of. They don't make cold medicines for babies anymore. =( But you can use saline drops for his nose if you need to.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would ask you doctor before doing this... I give my son Tussin DC 1\4tsp and also have given him pedicare the orange one same does... Again DO NOT DO UNTIL YOU ASK YOU DOCTOR! for now saline drops and sucking out there nose
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• there is also a bathwash by j&j, its called vaporbath. i use it for my dd when she gets stuffy and wash right under her chin and on her chest and even put some as bubble bath. but dont do it RIGHT before bed, cuz it seemed to make her a little hyper having all the vapors. maybe stimulated her.. lol, but it works great for a morning or afternoon bath!
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 11:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It's much healthier for babies to fight off little colds like this than be treated with meds. It makes their bodies stronger and better able to handle future sickness. PP tips were great, only thing to add is if the coughing seems to be coming from chest congestion, run the shower with very hot water so that the bathroom gets all steamy (like a sauna), and bring your little one into the steamy room. The steam will help break up any mucus he may have in his lungs.
    joshuasmommy327

Answer by joshuasmommy327 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• you ladies are wonderful!!!
    nikalotta20

Answer by nikalotta20 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2009