Can babies share a crib?

Me and hubby are TTC, so I want to know if I'll need a second crib. I suppose they'll be about a year apart. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes you need a new one, unless you have a pack n' play or bassinet. If you have a bassinet that's only good even for the first few months, your older child could be ready for a big bed by that time... if you have a pack n' play, it is safe to use just as a crib for even a couple of years. My kids are 15 months apart and we thought we'd just move the older to a regular bed, but since she has been sleeping so well in her crib, we've decided to keep her there longer, and now her little sis is still in the pack n' play at 7 months, but she sleeps great there! And if you don't have one of these, they're a good investment... a much better investment than a second crib.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would say if one is rolling over then yes, you don't want him to roll on top of the new baby...if it was twins then I would say sure, why not, neither one can more...but I wouldn't
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• at that age they should be seperate. the older child by the time you have number 2 would be able to roll onto the baby, and try to play with baby in the middle of the night.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would recommend just getting a pack in play instead of another kid. My boys are 12 1/2 months apart and we had the baby in the bassinet for a few months and then moved him to the pack in play and now the oldest is in a toddler bed and the baby is in the crib. I would not waste money on another crib.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 11:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yes, get another crib- thats what I'm doing as welll. Mine is 1 and I am due in December.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 11:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• And I will reuse the bassinet again for the first 5 months as well and then I will worry about getting a new crib.
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 11:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i'd get a pack and play for the new baby. i used one for my ds cause we're were in a studio apartment when he was born, and it was great. target has good ones(ours was $30)
    Anonymous

• get a pack and play or one that's just a bassinet so you can use that until your new arrival outgrows it and then you can keep the original crib and buy a toddler bed for your firstborn.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 12:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• They can't share... your 1 year old would be a danger to your newborn.... kids don't wake up like adults might if they roll over on something. Get a bassinet for your newborn until your older child is ready for a toddler bed.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No. If you have twins, I heard it was recommended, but I'm not sure if that's even accurate. I know that a baby under 18 months old should never share a bed with an older sibling.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2009