hey girls

it's been so long since I have been on this. =(
I am going threw a divorce right now, my husband and i split up Feb 14th. Awesome huh? Does anyone have any advice? I am having a really hard time with everything and ecpeccially becuase i dont work and am haveing a hard time making ends meat with our son.
any one have any advice on the divorce or finically help that might be avalible?
Thanks

ReadyToRage

Asked by ReadyToRage at 11:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Good luck honey. Hope things get better.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:44 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I would immediately go the the nearest office of your state's Dept of Human Services or whatever they call it there. Apply for any and all assistance they can give and they will determine what you are allowed based on YOUR income. They will, of course, require that you inform them of the outcome of your divorce settlement once it is done, so that benefits can be adjusted based on any child support and/or spousal assistance that you end up getting. Ask your attorney about it if your have one. They should know.
    InsaneReality

Answer by InsaneReality at 4:02 AM on May. 1, 2009