i am 18 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy but our sonogram yesterday showed he has club foot does anyone else have children who have or had this condition? if so was it fixed? and how?

1mama2B

Asked by 1mama2B at 11:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dont know anything about the condition, but just suggesting that you also post this in general parenting because there might be parents that already dealt with it!!! good luck!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My son was born with club feet (both feet). He was born in 1990. Before I even took him home from the hospital they put casts on, we removed them weekly, and the dr would recast. We did that for about 9 months. This didn't correct my son's feet, so they did surgery when he was 14 months. He wore casts all the way up both legs for 4 weeks, then casts up to his knees for 6 weeks, then shoes attached with a bar for about 6 months. Well my son will be 19 this year, and he is perfectly normal. He did everything every other boy does. He played different sports, but he really loves Rugby. He really hasn't had any problems from it at all. I do worry that as he gets older he'll have arthritis, but as of now he's just fine. It was a long process, and I was worried and scared, but it all turned out fine. If you want to talk more about it, pm me.....:)
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My sister was born with both feet and hands clubbed. Try to locate the nearest Shriners children hospital to you. They have the best pedicatric doctors that will be able to correct his problem or improve it imensly!
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 1:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I had a sister that was born with a multitude of problems club foot just being one of them. She was born with club foot and arthogriposis the first time i saw her was when she came home from the hospital. She had casts on both her legs all the way up. She had to wear casts for about 9 months and then she switched to braces. she is turning 10 this year and she is fine. She cant bend one of her legs yet but her feet are fine. she does anything she wants to do. she just finished cheerleading, she does basketball, baseball, and pretty much any other sport she wants to play. There will be alot of doctors visits but it is completely worth it. Meygan (my sister) is one of the happiest kids I know
    jessiesosore

Answer by jessiesosore at 6:20 PM on Apr. 28, 2009