Media Bias?

Do you think all media is biased? Or just some? After listening to people react to the media I have concluded that some automatically think whatever channel/commentator that supports their ideas is "unbiased." It seems as though people don't even open their minds to all sides of the issue, it's either FOX or MSNBC. In my opinion, a true news source doesn't have a bias. Story choice and emphasis, so-called "investigative" reports, and the way people are interviewed are important parts of bias, often ignored by those concentrating on editorial type commentators. What do you think?

stacymomof2

Asked by stacymomof2 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• All media is biased to some extent. This problem is this: the media is run by companies (who have a bias) and the stories are written (or told) by writers, who are human and have bias. It may be a slight bias but, it is always there.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 11:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

_____________________
    A reasonable answer! thanks.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Fox is right leaning. CNN, MSNBC, and NBC, CBS and ABC nightly news are Liberal. There is definate media bias and most of it is left leaning.
    Anonymous

• I find the most unbiased are BBC and CNN and now they are usually the only news channels I watch. It is not just an issue of bias, it is also an issue of how extensive the coversge is. BBC and CNN are more likely to cover world-wide issues while the other channels focus almost exclusively on domestic issues.

If you want more indepth analysis, print media is still far better than the 'shoot-from-the-hip in as few seconds as possible before the commercials' manner of many TV commentators, which is appalling.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• CNN is notoriously left-leaning.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The only media I've seen that's really unbiased ...

The Daily Show.

The only bias they have is to make funny stuff funnier...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 5:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Fox is notoriously right-leaning although they claim to be "fair and balanced".

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:19 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Headline News is probably the least bias.. Ive seen them report good and bad stories about the government and Obama.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 7:37 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It's all bias to a point, some are worse then others.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:06 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yes, the media is bias towards their views and that the problem. I want the news...plain and simple. I don't want their opinion. If their is a tea party I want to know where, how many people were there and interviews with varied individuals. How hard is that?
    smartiemouth

Answer by smartiemouth at 8:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2009