Are the certain things you would/should not buy 2nd hand?

I'm trying to potty train both kids. Training pants are a little expensive, but I did notice ebay had a few. Should I or shouldn't I get them? I'm weighing that if I get them, I can always bleach them and make sure they're "clean" before letting them be worn. Or should I just bitthe bullet and all buy new ones?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ugh buy new ones please ... i got some from my aunt, i wont be using them ... thats like you borrowing your sisters underwear
    Anonymous

• I would not buy them used unless absolutely necessary.

lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't bother with training pants at all. I remembered the ones from years ago - nice, thick, cotton pants that hold a lot a pee, so I bought some. The ones they sell now are NOT the same. They are not lots of layers of cotton, they are filled with polyester fiberfill. The pee just runs right through them. Pointless.
    To make it worse, when I put the plastic pants on over them to keep the pee from just pouring out on the floor, my daughter ended up with one of her worst diaper rashes after just half an hour.

I stopped using them after just a couple of days.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would buy training pants used. They're going to be used the first time you put them on your kids.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I bought cloth diapers used and would not hesitate to buy training pants used either. Just make sure they are nice and clean. I can't beleive Ebay is allowing them to be sold though! They removed my listing a week ago of cloth diapers because of their "no used underwear" policy! I have training pants that are many layers of cotton like the old ones not filled with polyester like the previous poster mentioned so you can still find those kind. Really the only thing I won't buy used is a car seat, but I will use a hand me down one if I know the person well enough to trust it hasn't been in an accident.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• underwear and bras. Amd probably bathing suits.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• You really don't need training pants or pull ups. Let your toddler run around the house without pants, and encourage a visit to the potty at least every half hour. Make the potty fun, with special books to be read only in the bathroom.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• OMG - if you want to use training pants on little one = bleach like you said and they will be like new. The kids wear them for such a short time why would you ever buy new? Get them Mamma - and with the money you save you can buy little one a prize for keeping his traing pants dry! GL. :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The only things in my house that have to be new are underwear, socks, bras, ect. Other than that, handmedowns are fine.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I never used training pants. It is easy to just go straight to underwear. And they only have accidents because they know it will be caught by something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Apr. 24, 2009