Is it possible...

Has anyone had pitocin induction and did it with no epi?
I cant have one and I just need to know that some people did it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah. pitocin just hurts alot so most women choose to have an epi as well. but my mom had pitocin with a bunch of us (#2 of 11) and didnt have an epi.
    TotallyWarped

Answer by TotallyWarped at 11:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• NOPE I did all natural birth both times.. my daughter was preterm my water broke at like 6pm on the 19th of July I labored until 6am then I was fully dialated and my contractions stopped completely... the nurses wanted to put me on a Pit Drip to complete the job and my OB said NO WAY not on patients without an epidural I don't know why to this day never asked... my labor restarted in about 50 minutes and my daughter was born at 707am on the 20th... he threatened Csection at one point and I threw his a** outta the delivery room LOL that was fun
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Pit drips make the contractions more intense so for a lot of women the doc will go ahead and order an epi too, so they can still labor but not focus on the contractions. Your birth is up to you and they can give IV meds up to a point in the labor. Talk with your OB/GYN to collaborate on a birth plan.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I did it without an epi. :) I did receive half a dose of Nubain.. it wore off in 30 min. So out of 11.5 hours of induction, 11 of it was drug free. I regret the nubain though, it drugged my daughter. IV narcotics directly cross the placenta and will drug your child, even if they show no signs when born.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2009