Can't breath

Please help. my 5 month old baby has some problems with breathing. she has stuffy nose. I use the spray and suck everything out before she goes to sleep. she sleeps in her stroller because it's high enough. some times she gets so stuffy that she wakes up screaming. I tryed to raice her matress( I poot pilow and a towel under the matress) but it doesn't work. she wakes up 30 min. latter screaming all stufed up. I wory about her back that she's sleeping in a stroller. she also likes stroller bacause its not open as the crib. she staters but hates to be swadeled. any one went through this...help

DaryaK

Asked by DaryaK at 11:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You are doing everything correct. I would also add a vaporizer for humidification. She will get better but in the mean time, you are doing all you can do. She will get better soon. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I worry about her stopping breathing...get her to the ER before SIDS sets in. ASAP!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have a humidifier in her room. I also wory about her back. I don't want her to have problems letter on because she sleeping improparly
    DaryaK

Answer by DaryaK at 12:10 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• hmmm....is there any kind of crib you can buy that is elevated?

have you tried a sleep sack? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2338822

I hope you can get this whole thing figured out or maybe your child's ped. can help you. good luck!
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 12:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• if you dont have a humidifier, you can also take her into a steamy bathroom, it helped my kids until i could get one :)
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My doc told me on Monday b/c my child is having trouble breathing to, to use a Vaporizer. It will loosen up the mucus and help her breath. He suggested to turn it on at least 20 mins before I put her to bed so it can start filling the room w/ vapors. Hope this helps.
    married_678

Answer by married_678 at 9:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• First of all...SIDS can't "set in" It either happens or it doesn't. There is no onset, it's called "sudden" for a reason.

Elevate her head. If being in the stroller, swing, etc helps...it's not going to hurt short term.
    Steam in the shower and suction
    Saline nose drops at diaper changes, suction if you can see stuff.
    Run a humidifier...steam or cool mist which ever works better for HER.
    Tylenol for discomfort.

By all means, for great concern, take her to the doctor.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• all good advise but the best is to take her to the DR! you dont want it to turn in to something more harmful at the very least
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 10:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2009