i bought an opk and was negative does that necessarily mean i don't ovulate at all? or is it possible to ovulate some months and not others?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• sometimes you can miss the surge. they say take 2 a day the week you think you may be ovulating, since not everyone ovulates on a 28 day cycle
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yes, you can skip months... stress, health problems, lots of things can cause it.
    You can also have an ovary that doesn't work, making you skip every other month (in general)
    And you could have just tested too late or too early.

Have you tried a basal temp chart?
    http://www.babycenter.com/chart-basal-body-temperature-and-cervical-mucus
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The only ovulation kits I've used, you had to test it every day. It came with 20 sticks. Idk about you, but I waited til about a week and a half after my period started to begin using them, because obviously you don't ovulate when your on your period. But I did find out that I ovulate every 28 days, even though I only have period about once every 3-6 months.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:19 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• some women do indeed ovulate when they are on their periods. If your OPK doesn't have enough testing strips you probably just missed your surge, like another mom suggested. Look for one that has more test strips and also, track your discharge. You can determine when you are ovulating based on what your cirvical discharge looks like.
    DaisyRae

Answer by DaisyRae at 11:37 PM on Apr. 26, 2009