• In the Spotlight:

How can I get a rubbery smell out of a pair of new, cheap pants?

There's a reason I don't buy clothes at Wal-mart! Anyway, I got this pair of White Stang brand capris and I really do like them but they have this aweful rubbery smell to them. They're made of 80% cotton, 18% polyester & 2% spandex. I don't understand what's making them smell like this. I've washed them 3 times already and the smell remains. And yes, I followed the care instructions on the tag for washing. Any way to get this smell out so I can enjoy my new pair of pants?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• That is really weird. I never had that problem. I would try some body spray on them...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• have you tried to use the feebreze washing stuff? its like an oxyclean type thing but its feebreeze you just add it to the wash. (i love feebreeze). or hang them up outside for a day then wash them at the end of the day. (the smell is from the plastic it is shipped to the store in, used to work retail and i know what you are talking about so hopefully these will help)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• This best odor eater is a cup of vinegar in your rinse cycle! Otherwise you should just spray them down with perfume everytime you wear them.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• vinegar and baking soda.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:36 PM on Apr. 26, 2009