I'm getting closer to my due date and I'm having a little anxiety, anyone ever have a panic attack while in labor?

I just know I'm gonna freak. Especially when they give me an epidural and my legs are numb! I'm in lamze now learning breathing exercises but I have little faith in these classes.

kmac_628

Asked by kmac_628 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well my doc sent me to the hospital after a normal office visit because my blood pressure was skyrocketing. I remember driving to the hospital, and sitting in the parking lot for god knows how long, freaking out crying, I was fear struck. Anyways when i finally went in, I really got upset... I understand what you are going through. But it will all be fine when you hold your baby in your arms for the first time. :)
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 12:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i was really scared especially the day i went into triage for pains i was having and come to find out i was contracting and was 4cm dilated.... so they kept me.... i was so scared... i was scared SHITLESS to get my epidural as well.... But in the end... its SOOOOOO not as bad as you think.......the only thing bad about the epidural is when they numb you before hand... it stings but it last for like seconds... and labor, honestly.... is nothing like i thought it would be.... you will be fine sweetie i promise!!.... just stay relaxed as possible because when your tense it makes it so much worse... i actually half way through my labor screamed for the doc to get her out so i could eat chinese food lol.... You will do fine!!! and when its over... you will wanna do it all over again.... i know i did....Good luck mama!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 1:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• try hypno-birthing classes, it truly works.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:40 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I was so anxious i had a couple scares. All i could think about is i want this baby out and i wanna see my baby. I knew i was ready but they insisted i was a week too early. That week I went to a pool party and went home after that. I took a nap woke up and i stood up and blood everywhere! I had placenta rupture because come to find out i was three weeks late. I had to have a c- section and i was so nerveous. I almost had a break down walking to the OR. All i could think is i cant do this.. I cant do this. But.. once they stuck the epidual in my back i was very relieved. I felt great still alittle nervous and very anxious. The epidural was nothing what i expected..To be honest i think the IV hurt worse than the epidural. It was nothing. 1 hour later i seen my son... It was totally worth it. now im 1 month preg and i cant wait to do it all over again minus the placenta rupture. You will do fine. Goodluck
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2009