Assistance what the hell ?

My neighbor has moved three states getting away from her ex who beat her and her kid.Then tried to take custody Now she won because she had evidence of the beatings .Well with the tough times she lost her job and jot on assistance at least untill she gets a job .They are makeing her take the kids father for child support she explained no because that was how he found them the second time .assistance is now denied her help because she wont do this .why would they want to hand her over to him on a silver plater pretty much.

hush84

Asked by hush84 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I hate welfare and I also like it. Those who really need it, don't get it, and those who abuse it, or don't need it, get it. This girl needs it, and I hope the state that you are in have that Domestic Violence waiver thing that one of the resonses stated.

I hope she gets some kind of help.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 1:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• That's how the system works! They suck!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Because the tax payers are paying for it.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:42 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• That is f***ckd up though. I would have her show all the restraining orders, and court documents to the public assistance people.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 12:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Well she is a tax payer too and so am i i think thats wrong if its then its help and she has legal proof not even medical i mean what the hell she a 6yr old kid what is that
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Here in MI they have a domestic violence waiver that makes exceptions for women who are victimsof this crime. Why other states don't adopt this policy is beyond me.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 12:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

---------------------------------------------------------
    This is exactly why we should support welfare programs. This lady needs help she isn't being a life long moocher. She is doing what is best for herself and her kid.

The system is Fkd up. Grrr
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• See this is exactly why I HATE welfare. I'm completely for it for the reasons OP stated! This lady should be getting help not the women who sits on her ass because their too lazy to get a job. I wish we could pick and choose who are tax money went to!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I told her i would take her in because she is going to loose her apartment and she wont have to worry about food i will end up lending her money to go job hunting and stuff but medicall i really hope nithing happends to them in mean while cuz if she gets a job they will have to wait 6 months in order to get medical .Thats help but not for her apparently .
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Aww you're a good friend hush84. She's lucky to have you in her life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Apr. 24, 2009