Is it ok to take zantac during pregnancy?

My doc said it was ok to take zantac for heartburn but I'm not sure if it's really ok. I would think it's ok if my doc says so, but I'm just concerned. Anyone else have their doctor ok them to take zantac?

MamaRyan1979

Asked by MamaRyan1979 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hey girly, i would say to take 2-3 tums instead of zantac, it is ok, but i would take the tums, that is what i did, take them before you eat, it works quicker and the berry flavored tums is pretty good... hope this helps you....
    alik05

Answer by alik05 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i had zantac during pregnancy. i know ppl who were prescribed prilosec tho and my doctor told me its not safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i was prescribed zantac for hartburn during pregnancy, it worked awesome! I had horrible heart burn all day/night. I still had to eat a few tums here and there but the zantac helped tremendously.
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 1:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Why risk it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Apr. 24, 2009