• In the Spotlight:

My baby had a fever of 101.8 and after tynenol only went down to 100.6. He has also been playing with his right ear a lot! He has been really sleep and irritable! Should i take him in?

He's 7 months old

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give him motrin and make an appointment for the morning. 101.8 isn't too bad... and since it came down, that is a good thing.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yes I would. He could have a really bad ear infection. If you wait it will only get worse.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 1:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yes take him in. A fever in a baby under a year is always cause for concern.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Make an appointment in the morning. 101.8 isn't a high fever. He probably has an ear infection so get him into the doc in the morning. I work at this Children's Hospital and here's a link to great info on fevers.

http://www.seattlechildrens.org/child_health_safety/health_advice/fever.asp
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I agree that it's not a high fever. It went down with Tylenol, so that's good.

Make an appointment to have his ear checked. It may be an infection....especially if he has a cold or is a little stuffy. That's when it's fairly common to happen.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2009