Is this normal? TMI

I am still breastfeeding, and my son is 6 months old. I started my period for the first time since before I was pregnant. I started 2 days ago. It's so heavy that I am going though a super plus tampon about once an hour. I've never had this heavy of periods before...I don't have any cramps (I never did before either) I just want to know if this is normal for the first period after having a baby, WHILE breastfeeding. This happen to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Health

• It happend to me, it lasted roughly 4 days and it hasn't been like that since. Nothing is wrong here, but I am not a dr. and just because it was ok for me doesn't mean it is for you. I am not trying to panick you but I just want to make you aware that it could be something and it could very possibly be nothing. Think of all of those months you didn't bleed you need to get it all out now. I would definetly give your dr. a call and tell them what is going on I wish you nothing but the best of luck.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2009