Does anyone have any advice on selling hair bows at craft shows?

ShelnLilliesmom

Asked by ShelnLilliesmom at 2:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I know that I'm usually drawn to a booth by the display. I tend to pass on by if they are just laying in a jumble on the table.
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 5:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I agree. I notice the nice and neat displays and friendly faces behind the booth. What I don't like is the ones that jump at you hollering about "come to my booth." LOL. You may want to try catering to the kids so they are very interested in what you have, too.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 25, 2009

• I definitely agee w/ both posts. I have done a couple of vendor fairs. People know why you're there so you don't need to go overboard. Not everyone has a need for what you have - I for one have short hair and two boys so I probably would not stop at your booth. The last thing people want is to be bombarded when they're looking around. Kind of like when you go shopping, you just want to look. If they have questions, they will ask. Make sure your prices are well displayed as well as any specials you offer. bright colors against a solid backdrop is pleasing to the eye. Don't make it too busy. Most of all, be polite and not overbearing. you could put out some door prize tickets and have a couple questions about their interest level plus a place for their e-mail address that way you can follow up w/ them. Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• Exactly. Use bright colored table cloths. Display the bows in a cute way. I've seen them locally fastened to hanging ribbons and on a "clothes line" very cute and you can look at them without sorting through them. People don't like sorting through piles! Make sure everything looks very professional. Make a sign at www.vistaprint.com that says "FREE HAIR BOW WITH PURCHASE OF THREE" or for a drawing or something to get people interested. I buy lots of stuff from that site its really cheap and helps with credibility. You don't have to spend much to make your booth stand out! If you have a website for your bows make sure you display it on each of the cards you attach the bows to and write some sort of incentive for them to visit your site like free shipping or free gift with purchase. Also make up some sort of product moms with boys can buy. I have a boy and theres nothing for boys! I'd buy from you if you had it! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:45 AM on Apr. 28, 2009