How do you go back to grad school as a single mom?

I recent;y separated from my baby's daddy after a long time in a bad relationship. My son is 4 months old and I want to go back to school to get a masters in social work. I know other single moms have somehow managed to get through grad school, so if can't be impossible, but I would love to hear from someone who's done it to see how they managed it.

notreally69

Asked by notreally69 at 4:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Why not try looking into online schools? That is what I am doing for my undergraduate degree and plan to use it for my graduate degree too. I personally go to Liberty University but my cousin went to UMUC.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It is very hard to get an MSW online. There are a few schools though that offer mainly online with a few residency requirements. I have a Masters in Rehabilitation Counseling which I did completely online. There are also grants from the federal government to pay for tuition if you are willing to work for a a vocational rehabilitation agency to pay back the time. If you want more information please feel free to send me a message. I have been in the Voc Rehab field for about 5 years now and love it.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2009