IVF related question

so i've had my embryo transfer last saturday and i have a loooot of periode pain since tuesday

i'm in need to know if it has work or not

please, if you had an IVF and you got pregnant, tell me how you felt after you embryo transplant till the day you tested

or if you had an embryo tranfer and didn't get pregnant how did you feel till you tested

jemmyeve

Asked by jemmyeve at 5:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's easier to just consider yourself pregnant until proven otherwise. You had live embryos transferred. That's the start of the pregnancy. Stressing yourself out with the "I wonder if" questions doesn't help at all. Keep the positive energy going!

Hang in there, you're almost to testing time. Was it a day 3 or 5 transfer?

FWIW, I didn't feel much at all until it was almost time when AF would normally arrive. Then, I felt crampy, like it would come, but it never did.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• it was a 5 day transfer and the thing is there was no embryo to freez so that's maybe why i'm scared

i mean i can't go trough the egg collection pain again!!

i'm feeling crampy and i've got very light breast pain do you think it could be it?
    jemmyeve

Answer by jemmyeve at 8:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Might be it. You'll only know in a few days when you can test.

I know how you feel. I only had three embryos make it to day 5. Two were transferred, the other didn't make it to freeze. I now have twin sons from that cycle. It was my 5th IVF attempt. The first cycle where I even had decent retrieval (8 mature eggs) and any fertilization at all.

And, if it doesn't work this time, and you do it again....you will definitely muster up the strength to carry on. It's amazing what we can endure when we want something bad enough.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Hi Jemmyeve,

I hope you get the "POSITIVE" respond your looking for.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Cassey

cassey522

Answer by cassey522 at 10:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2009