any tips?

on how to get a newborn to sleep through the night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old?
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• The first three months are litterally going to be the hardest months and I remember with my two year old that he wouldnt go to bed till around 4 in the morning for a couple of months, I was a walkign zomby. Some kids catch on to the night time routine and stay asleep but as for moms like me, my son didnt sleep through the night till he was 18 months! The first few months he was very very colicy. Every baby is different but you can always try a warm bath befor bed and use the lavender soap and lotion if your baby is over 3 months old and then rock in the rocking chair, my son loved that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I just kept mine with me nearly all day in a baby sling. I would nap when they did. When I went to bed, I put them in bed with me. He would breastfeed right there in bed so there was no getting up in the night. I would wake when they woke so they didn't get used to screaming to get their needs met. I also used the Dr. Harvey Karp Happiest Baby on the Block techniques to get them to sleep. I have also used these techniques on countless babies that I've had in my daycare. They really work and the younger you start to implement them, the more effective they are! Give them a try. Click here for a video of his method. It recreates the womb environment and is very soothing to babies. It's so easy! Something to think about...Good Luck!

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 9:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• That depends on the baby. Mine was 6 weeks old when she started to sleep through the night.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:44 AM on Apr. 24, 2009