How can I get my 4 year old to stop peeing her pants?

There are no medical problems, she knows how to use the toilet, she doesn't seem to mind having wet or soiled panties, she will be starting kindergarten in Sept. and seem just to lazy to get up and use the toilet.We have tried rewards, books, etc.

lisab844

Asked by lisab844 at 7:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Please do not get angry with her. I do not want to sound like I am bashing here but part of this is your fault. You need to tell her to use potty every 1/2 hour, even if she says she doesnt have to. Make her at least try. My first went through this same thing. I used to get so mad at her. Then her Doctor told me that I should maybe get into a habbit of re-minding her every 1/2 hour like I said. It worked!! Of course we still had accidents here and there but it was like night and day. Good Luck to you both! :)
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:37 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My daughter does occasionally soils her pants and we can't figure out why, there seems to be no pattern. I just try to stay vigil. If i find her sitting on the floor and she tells me she's "resting" i send her upstairs. she not constipated or to busy and I don't think it's for attention but it could be. I guess what i'm trying to say, along with agree with the other post to be on the offense, is maybe you need to consider why... as in is she acting out or does she want your help?
    jabnumber1

Answer by jabnumber1 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2009