• In the Spotlight:

Barbie clothes?

My little girl is just getting into Barbies. She only has one, and an Ariel doll, but she's just 2 years old, so I think that's good for now. However, we were wanting to find some clothes for Barbie! She's been going everywhere with us and the poor thing is stuck in a bikini all the time. lol.
Our local KB Toys closed a few months ago. Are we stuck with WalMart? Does WalMart even sell individual Barbie outfits? I just haven't looked for any since my sister was little! It's beeen a while...

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 8:11 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Toys R us and I'm not sure about Wal-Mart but I would think they would have some.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:13 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• You might try a dollar store too, a lot of times they have generic Barbie clothes, and they'd be a lot cheaper than the Barbie brand itself.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• wal mart has em!!!
    toys r us would have em
    kmart
    target
    dollar stores do - but they dont fit right , they fit for the cheap barbies that are sold at the dollar store ...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 8:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yeah, i was thinking that about the dollar store. the clothes probably won't fit matel's "proportionally correct" barbie. LOL!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Well back when I played with Barbies we'd buy the generic dollar store clothes and they worked..... but yeah.... things may have changed, lol.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• yeah, they had to make barbie's body more realistic. apparently the teeny waist and huge knockers offended people. that cracks me up! who cares? its a doll!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:30 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Never really did understand that... a doll is causing teen girls to develop eating disorders and increasing the number of girls wanting boob jobs? Serious?
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 8:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• let's blame it all on barbie! couldn't have anything to do with tv shows focused on hoochie girls in tiny clothes, with bad attitudes and boob jobs.
    ooooh god, i sounded like a bitter old woman there...
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 8:45 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I had some homemade barbie clothes. I so wished I had them now. My girls dont play with barbies, but I could have passed them on to another little girl. I think walmart does, but if not, try looking on ebay.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:58 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Luckily I saved most of my Barbies and clothes from when I was a kid (and some of that stuff was handed down to me so some of the clothes I had were from the 50s and 60s). I let my kids have some of the stuff but they just don't respect their toys like I did when I was a kid. They break things and don't care, throw stuff around, lose things. I had to take all my old dolls back to protect them.
    Anyway, I've never bought extra clothes. Their Barbies and Bratz dolls only have the clothes they came in and they share. which sucks for the one boy Bratz doll they have, lol. He has no one to share with and wears the same thing all the time...which is usually nothing. All the dolls are naked most of the time anyway.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:02 AM on Apr. 24, 2009