• In the Spotlight:

Is there anything I can do to get the baby to turn and lay head down?

I'm 37 weeks and 1 day prego and when I want to the doctor they are saying that baby adam is laying with his head down but it off to the left side and his butt is off to the right. So i was just wondering if thereis maybe a way I could sleep at night to get him to turn. See my biggest fear is that he won't turn and I'll have to have a c-section and i have never never had to have a surgery for any reason. So I'm just really scared about it. So if anyone has any ideas please let me know. thanks

austinadamsmom

Asked by austinadamsmom at 8:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think I have heard that BB will turn head down last minute. Just when you think they wont, they do.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:44 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I never had that issue but was terrified of a c-section too. Lots of babies turn to be head down even after 37 weeks. Don't be stressing over it because tha could put you into labor early. Just have hope that your little one will move into correction position soon. Good Luck!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• www.spinningbabies.com has TONS of info on turning the baby :)

Also find a chiropractor certified in the Webster Technique. It has been used to successfully turn breech babies :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:12 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• a c-section isnt really that bad... my baby wouldnt dialate no more than 7 cm and i was in labor for 26 hours. so i had no choice, i also heard that if you do flips in the water like in the beach or pool that he would turn.. good luck
    YObando

Answer by YObando at 10:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My baby was breach up until a few weeks ago. It sounds so stupid, but my Dr told me that if you crawl around on your hands a knees for a few minutes a couple of times a day, it will help flip the baby. I did this on commercial breaks while I was watching TV and it must have worked, cause she flipped! :)
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 11:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2009