Teething

Okay my little bean is teething bad. Is it normal to have a runny nose and be stuffed up while teething? Any other tips for surviving teething? She seems to only be fussy at night time when my husband and I get to see her! Anything to make her feel better I'll try lol....

valerieruth1215

Asked by valerieruth1215 at 8:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it's normal, my daughter is 18 months and still needs 4 teeth left to come in. She is I think more so at night also uncomfortable. Try baby orajel, and daytime maybe something to chew on that is cold.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 8:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It is normal to have a runny or stuffy nose along with diarrhea and a low grade temp when teething. I use "Humphreys" teething tablets for my little one. They really help, espescially at night when she gets fussy.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My some is teething and when it gets bad I will give him tylenol or motrin and the dossaged recomended by his doctor he chews on everthing. Cold things work but I usually let him chew on his cup. I never used orajel because I read something stating that by numbing the gums it doesn't let the baby feel the pain in order to bring the teeth in. I am not against the idea though it just said it could prolong teething and I didn't want that.
    tonyaNmike2007

Answer by tonyaNmike2007 at 9:06 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• This is infact normal, try to find teething tablets...Mother's lifesaver, I think Wallmarts has them over-counter, Best of Luck 2-U!!
    Becki.Nagy

Answer by Becki.Nagy at 9:10 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Frozen washcloths and Hylands teething tabs

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2009