Have you ever witnessed a high speed car chase?

My hubby was backing out of our driveway this morning as my son and I were walking down to wait for his school bus and a car went flying down our street. An unmarked car followed a few seconds later. I was shocked. We are on a main street but residential. So many kids are out at that time going to school I'm surprised they were chasing him. Only reason I can see these chases happening is if they are wanted for murder, which I don't know the situation is this case.

Also, how do you feel about high speed car chases?

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 8:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i just missed one thankfully, we were on a semi quiet street i stoped at the corner store and pulled out and into our driveway ( i was running errands not just driving across the street to the store lol. ) anyways soon as i pulled into driveway a car doing 100mph slammed into a rock ( right were we would have been 2 seconds ago ) and a police car right behind it. if i took another second in the store we would have been hit at that moment and at 100mph god knows me and 4 kids would have been hurt. my son was a month old. it freaked me out what couldve been type thing. we missed it by seconds. no one was seriosly injured but jailed. so i know how scary that mustve been for u. *hugs* keep safe.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Scary! Not a high speed chase but a couple of years ago we were driving on a local highway and, to make a long story short, were right behind a shoot out between a local sheriff and a man who later had shot some people at a bar in another town 4 hours away.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 8:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Not good at all. Going to street like that when kids are going to bus? BAD! If it were me I would call state police and let them know what happened. Not good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• ohhh and the chase was because the cop went to pull the guy over and had a supended licence so he didnt stop. and tried to out run a police car. nice huh.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:02 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yes. A couple years ago me and the kids were out in the front yard playing. We kept hearing these sirens which isn't unusual living in the city. Actually you get so used to them that you tune them out but this day they were loud and just kept going and going and getting louder. Both me and my son stopped and were trying to figure out what direction they were coming from when all of a sudden this white van just blew down the street that runs past ours. I was like, "did you see that?" Then a few seconds later the sirens got really loud and 3 Chicago police cars blew by, then 2 unmarked cars turned down our street and tore off at 50mph, barely slowing at the corners, followed by several more squad cars going down our street and down the street the van went down. I stood there in shock. Never did find out what was going on. My son thought it was pretty cool, though.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• A few years ago I was driving down a residential street (25 MPH zone) and I heard sirens coming up behind so I pulled over. Good thing I did. I had just barely got over when this car flew past going about 85 or 90 with 3 cops gaining on him, sirens blaring and lights flashing. I don't know what it was about, it wasn't something important enough to be on the news, anyway.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:51 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• A few. My big one was OJ during his slow speed chase in the bronco went by my house. We also had one end by crashing into our apartment building.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 12:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Gf, Im from Miami, this is what we did for amusment. We popped popcorn and went and sat out on the brick wall. Speed chases were the best, especially when they ended in front of the house. Well, only when they caught they person right away or the driver gave up, or then our bad thinking butts hauled booty making it look like it was raining popcorn. They are scary and to be on a residential street like that, omg is all I have to say. We lived on 71st in Miami down east of the coastals so we were 3 lanes on the residentals. High speed chase ended in our U-Haul truck. Yes, not behind it, IN IT! Oh course, it was after we friggin loaded it, not before. But this is one reason we live in NC. So, things happen for a reason gf!! :-)
    Pffft

Answer by Pffft at 10:25 AM on Apr. 25, 2009