My daughter is 18 months old and she doesnt hardly eay anything anymore...

she used to love bananas, but now she wont eat them, i have tried a lot of new foods and also all her old favorites, Is this normal for her age? she eats like a bird!

AlexisLA

Asked by AlexisLA at 9:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oops sorry, i meant to post this in toddlers
    AlexisLA

Answer by AlexisLA at 9:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• she is just being picky. my ped. told me that eating habits are learned. you have to keep giving them the foods you want them to eat. don't give them a choice. now he also told me to start doing this....
    give your child a plate of foods you want them to eat. then if they do not eat do not give them anything else to replace the meal you just offered. she will not starve herself trust me. when she is hungry she will come back to eat. I used to leave the plate where i knew she could get to it(my daughter) and eventually i saw her going to eat off of it. try that. it may work for you it may not. but don't just give her what she wants to eat because soon that could be all junk food. you are the mom...
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:12 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• my daughter the same age does that exact thing!!!!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• its a phase my oldest 2 went thru it and still do on occasion like one day he'll love pizza and the next time he wil refuse to eat it cause its the worst thing in the world. as long as she is eating and not losing weight or acting sickly i wouldnt worry too much about it just keep giving her the foods she is refusing and pick your battles.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• My son does this all the time, he is now 2 and a half. He loves mashed potatoes then hates them, same with bananas, cottage cheese, and meat. This too shall pass. My eldest is 23 and believe me when they are older they will eat you out of house and home lol
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2009