i am trying to figure out how to handle a toddle when its time to have the new baby

I am trying to get some opion on what to do with my 2 year old when our new baby gets here he is not in daycare and we just moved to KS the new baby arrives in SEPT. But i can not be at home with my little man and be giving birth at the same time. My husband isnt really good with kids yet so i am almost afrid to have him stay at home with him while i am in the hospital so what should i do and also the hospital does not give daycare for people giving birth. And we have no family in KS the only reason why we moved here is cause my husband is in the military. But i do not want to have my baby at a military hospital cause of all the storys i have head. Any information on what to do? Please Help

darkangel198656

Asked by darkangel198656 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Take a Bradley Class and have him in the room with you.. no I am not kidding make sure you have your husband prepared that it is his JOB to attend to the toddler
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I am sorry. I am having a homebirth so Becka will be present at the birth. I can't offer advice on daycare! Do you have a good FRG? Maybe you can meet and discuss your issue with some other women in the FRG and if you meet and trust some of them, they may be more than willing to help watch your 2 year old!

We are army too, and I would never give birth in this hospital! what you can do is ask to transfer your primary care, or get on tricare standard and find an off post doctor.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• is there any way any of your family can go there?? if so then have them come out to help you...if not then i would have your husband sit at home with the 2 year old...he would do fine...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• im sure your husband can't be that horrible with kids, or you wouldnt have had them. He's going to have to be a part of the kids life at some point. Let this be the first daddy alone time! or have them both at the hospital with you! so you can be in pain and supervise. lol =D
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 10:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Do you have any family members or friends that can stay at your house and help out? We have already decided that my sister is staying at my house with my son when I have my second in December.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 11:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2009