I'm soo fat and I'm REALLY depressed.........

I'm 5'9 and I weigh 291lbs and 28 years old. I'm so ashamed, I don't know how I let myself go. Pre-pregnancy weight was 279lbs I gained 22lbs I lost 25lbs. But now I'm just gaining weight my son is 5 months and I have practically put on 25lbs in the last 5 months. It's so sad I do not want to end up being one of those people that cannot walk or function because of just how overweight they are. I do not have ANY motivation to eat healthier or to exercise. Then I get depressed that I do not want to help myself and eat more. I am married and my husband says he loves me either way. When we started dating I was only 150lbs, when we got married I was 140lbs I know he says he doesn't mind just so he won't hurt my feelings. How can I get motived, what motivated you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• your motivation should be your health and wating to watch you kids grow up, get off your lazy ass & exercize instead of feeling sorry for yourself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• you should just want to see your kids grow up happy and healthy and want to set a good example...for them...idk how much help that is but that is what made me want to exercise after i had my daughter....i love being outside so whenever i get the chance we go to the park or go for a walk or whatever we can do to be active...
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• There are lots of things you can do around the house to help. When folding laundry, squat instead of bending over. Or use the full laundry basket by picking it up to chest level then lowering a few times. It's getting warmer out, put baby in a stroller and do a few laps around the block. After a few weeks you may see some results and you'll just feel better. It's easier to become motivated if you have seen a glimpse of success from all your hard work! Good Luck!
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 9:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I would say since the weather is starting to get nice well at least here in Illinois, take your son out for walks in his stroller to the park or around the neighborhood. Try going to like Jenny Craig or one of those places or look online for a support group. But your biggest motivation should be your son. Good Luck.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I am so sorry someone is being rude to you... because God knows THAT helps (jerk)

I totally understand. It's a vicious cycle. My motivation was when my aunt was sick and then when she died it was a total kick in the butt... I REFUSE to die young. Exercise will help alleviate the depression - your body releases endorphins that will improve your mood. However, if you just can't get out of the depression in order to make yourself exercise - GET TO THE DOCTOR!! Honestly, if you are depressed to the point that you can't find the motivation to be healthier, you might need some help there first. Just remember that you have a family that loves you and deserves to have you around as long as possible. Remember that you show your children how to live by example and you don't want them to pick up bad, unhealthy habits.

You can do it and you deserve to do it =) If you ever need any one to talk to PM me =)
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Put a picture of yourself the way you used to be on your bathroom mirror. This will help motivate you to work for that image once again. DO NOT buy junk food. Keep it out of the house entirely to avoid temptation. This includes sodas & junk drinks. Drink all H2O! If anything, have someone else go grocery shopping for you so you won't even be tempted to buy that stuff. Walk everywhere you can. If you're in an office building & need to get to another floor, take the stairs. Park @ the furthest place in the parking & walk. When you exercise, do it in the morning so that it will jump-start your metabolism for the day. Eat several times a day, but make sure you're eating healthy. I do agree w/the 1st anon although I won't be so rude about it...let your kids be your motivation. Get sick of feeling tired and drained, then decide to make a change. Do something about it. Be proactive, not inactive.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 9:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Well I did weight watchers for several months and lost a bunch of weight. And it was surprisingly easy for me. I lost anywhere from 5-9 lbs per week, I didn't change all the food I ate just the portion sizes really. And I didn't excercise anymore then playing with my son. I lost a total of 57 lbs before we moved and got pregnant again. You have to motivate yourself, but you also have to be healthy so you can continue to be there for your family. My husband was very supportive and when I did cook a bit healthier (a couple times a week) he would gladly accept the change too. Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I agree with joanna..., but I bought junk foods for my husbands lunch (chips, etc) but I buy the flavors or items I don't like so I have no desire to eat them at all. And I also agree with Anon 7:59. WW worked for me too. I would go shopping and portion out a baggie or small cups of snacks for a week and put the WW point value on it so 1: I wouldn't overeat out of the package and 2: I wouldn't have to figure out the points right away because it was already done. Need anymore help or have questions just send me a message. Good luck momma!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• You poor thing! You are being affected not just by your weight, but by the junk that you are eating. You need to start now, setting a good example for your kids so they can grow up healthy. Take a walk around the block. Stop buying junk. Buy whole grain. Buy fruits and vegetables. Cook real food. Get rid of the whites: when the white bread is gone, buy whole grain (read the label and make sure that the first ingredient is whole something). When the white rice is gone buy brown. When the white pasta is gone, buy whole wheat. Read the ingredients on the labels before you buy anything. If it has high fructose corn syrup, put it back. If it has ingredients you can't pronounce, put it back. If it has ingredients that your great grandmother would not recognize, put it back. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions or would like recipes. Congratulations on moving and taking control of your health!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Curves is a wonderful place to join. You get to meet new friends and they are all there for the same reasons - to feel better. You won't find any skinny b*tches there giving you the evil eye. ;)

Start slow. Make changes to your diet. Go to your library and check out books on how to read food labels (I really think schools should make that a requirement nowadays), and you can find great cook books. Grab an mp3 player and download your fave music. Take a walk - buy a zoo membership and make it a fun family outing. You're lucky to have a supportive husband. I bet he really does mean it when he says he loves how you are. Will he join you in the weight losing effort? It will be easier to accomplish when you have a partner doing it with you. Good luck! I just started my workout "routine" last week and I already feel more energized. I use a treadmill for 30 min. a day - just a slow walk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2009