I don't know how to cook...LOL

What are some easy recipes for first timers? Or what cookbook do you recommend?

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 9:35 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Cooking for dummies. Not saying your dumb or anything. You can also look up video's of how to cook foods as well or watch cooking shows. BettyCrocker.com has easy recipes. Have you tried a cooking class?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• go to the goodwill and find some cookbooks- i found a really great one for 30 minute meals. or look through the clearance section at a bookstore, you can usually find some pretty good books there. look for crockpot books- nothing's easier than cooking in the crock pot! mine's going right now with chicken, carrots, potatoes, and garlic. i'm hungry already!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• do u have kids? even not my friends love this and dh. chicken breast cut into stips for chicken fingers 2 eggs and bbq potato chips any brand but rippled lol. cut chicken into strips dip in egg to coat then in plastic bag crush bbq potato chips ( u need the whole bag ) and coat the chicken strip with the chips pre heat the oven 350* place coated chicken on greased baking sheet and bake 20 mins on one side and turn over bake another 20mins its yummy sounds weired but yummy. got it out of a disney cook book.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Homemade pizza, anything in a crock pot. Lasagna. Mopst things are really actually easy. I didnt know how to cook when first moving on my own you just give it a try. Not hard to figure out. I have only made a couple things that were not edible so its pretty simple.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 10:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I have a 5 month old daughter. So she still doesn't eat "our" food LOL
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:41 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• If you have a crock pot use that. It is really hard to mess up those recipes.
    MeeSheeStar

Answer by MeeSheeStar at 11:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Eating healthy foods at home is a great way to set a good example for your children and have a healthy family. Go to your local library and look through cookbooks. Or go to recipe websites and look at recipes. Remember, every day we should all be eating at least 7 servings of whole grains; 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables in a rainbow of colors; and drinking at least 8 8oz glasses of water. Feel free to contact me directly for easy, tasty, healthy recipes (let me know what you like to eat, and I will see if I have healthy versions).

Answer by rkoloms at 11:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• watch the food channel and check out books and magazines from your library!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I agree with the crockpot. No messing anything up. Throw everything in and turn it on. There is even a group on here that has lots of awesome crockpot recipes.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 12:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I've been cooking for years and I love a cook book with pictures. Sometimes they look like they are difficult b/c it has a lot of ingrediants, but it's mostly spices. You can start off with the cookbooks that are 4-5 ingrediant cook books. Then add what you like later. Practice makes perfect! The biggest mistake non-cookers make is keeping the heat up to high!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 25, 2009