Freezer Not Freezing?

I'm a little stuck!! This morning I noticed that the food in our freezer wasn't, well...frozen as much anymore. I checked the setting and it was set on 3, which is the recommended setting so I went ahead and turned it to the coldest setting, but everything is thawing out pretty fast. The ice cream bars are mush, the waffles aren't hard, the juice boxes I keep in there for my son's lunch are already slushy. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? It's going to hit 80 today and we have A LOT of food in there!! YIKES! :-)

mommytoadam

Asked by mommytoadam at 9:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Home & Garden

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • ice may be in the vent thing in the back... that's what happened to my old freezer, i had to take everything out & defrost the vent hole with a blowdryer LOL......
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• could need a burst of the freezing agent. My adult dd's freezer had to have that done not long ago

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• It is probably the compressor unit...if it is defrosting fast..only option is a new freezer ..you can them repaired but that is usually more expensive than replacing it. Been there and didn't like it!!!!
    QuiltLover

Answer by QuiltLover at 4:29 PM on Apr. 27, 2009