Dry skin on his head?

I scrub and scrub, but his skin sticks to the top of his head, I shave it cause I’m a freak about lice and you can see the dryness.. Any shampoo suggestions?

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• What you are doing - the scrubbing and shaving - are just making it worse. Especially if it's psoriasis. Psoriasis is a common skin condition and the scalp is a common place for it to develop. It's not contagious and has nothing to do with lice.

Whatever it is, try treating it like cradle cap for 2 weeks and see what happens.
    Before his bath, gently rub some cooking oil into the area.
    Wash his hair at the end of the bath, gently rubbing the area to remove any LOOSE flakes.
    After the bath, gently brush the area with a soft, baby hair brush to remove any more LOOSE flakes.
    Do NOT try to remove everything and do not rub too hard. The rough scrubbing just makes it worse.
    Keep doing that every day for 2 weeks and see if anything improves.
    If not, go see his doctor or a dermatologist.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• tea trre oil shampoo called Jasons is good for that use it once a week on him.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 2:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2009