Does anybody have any tips on what to do with thin hair?

My hair is very thin and fine. Both of my parents had thin hair and mine has been thin my whole life. I've tried so many thickening and volumizing products and nothing really helps. If anybody else has the same problem and knows of anything that can help please let me know. Thanks.

DROCKSGIRL517

Asked by DROCKSGIRL517 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I am a hairstylist and see this question often. I would suggest taking biotin. U can find it by the vitamins at any local super center. its about 4 bucks and really helps with hair and nail growth. Also while you wash your hair be sure to give yourself very good scalp scrubs as this produces scalp stimulation and will bring blood flow to the surface which also aids in hair thickening.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 10:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Thanks, I will try that.
    DROCKSGIRL517

Answer by DROCKSGIRL517 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I've heard from my stylist that keeping your hair short with lots of layers and natural highlights will make your hair appear thicker.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2009