Would you care if you child was gay?

I wouldn’t but there is so much anger and hostility against it.. Would you try to change them?

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Bicurious, Transgendered& Transexual, Queer & Questioning, or Straight: I would LOVE my child just the same!!! I would NEVER try to change my child or encourage him to be something he is not. Being genuine & authentic are far more valuable to me than conformity.

gay pride ribbon

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 1:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No. I hope none of them are, but I would love them the same. I hope none are only because of the hate and hostility. I'd rather they be happy, no matter who they are with.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No, I just want them to be happy in whatever path they choose.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Why would I hate my child. I don't believe being gay is a choice its something in the brain that they can not control. I would love and support my child no matter what. No matter the race or sexual preference she may choose to be with. As long as they love her and treat her right as that is all that matters. You can not change someone who is gay nor should you try. If that was the case the world would be full of people trying to change their kids all the time. Rather it be due to being gay or dating outside of their own race. Your job as a parent is to love your child unconditionally and if you can not do that then you failed as a parent.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• No WAY! I would do everything I can to support them! As for the hostility stuff- well we all go through that at some point in our lives- for our religion, our politics, our size, our color- whatever- by the time my kiddos grow up- I doubt there will be so much controversy over sexual preferance- if there is, well- just another thing to learn from :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 10:06 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Of course not. As long as she's happy :) And I certainly don't think you can "change them."
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:08 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I'd be a little sad that I probably wouldn't have grandbabies,but who knows,there's always adoption.I'd want my son happy,its not about me.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I would worry more about his/her ability to find a long-term, stable relationship. Almost every gay man, and a lot of the gay women, I know complains about how hard it is. Yeah, it's hard for straights, too. But to hear them tell it, it's even harder for them. Having heard their reasoning, I'm inclined to agree. I know a lot more gay men that are struggling to find it than ones that have.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:14 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I would not care one iota.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:27 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I would be happy and honored that he was brave enough to share with me he is gay. So many kids are afriad to come out to their parents. I would love him the same as I always did. I wouldn;t be sad about grandbabies, because there is always adoption. I want my son to be happy, and if that is how he is happy then I'm happy.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2009